Monday, November 8, 2010

Remember me?

So much for new years resolutions, and so much for writing on the "interweb" with the thought than anyone actually reads these self-absorbed musings. Yes, it has been awhile since I last posted, and a lot has happened, some of it related to triathlon, but most of it entirely outside of the sport. I did begin my long-awaited sabbatical, and I had some interesting plans to both train like a mad man and do significant research into learning issues. First stop was to a conference at Landmark College, which was pretty cool, and then to the USAT coaches certification clinic in D.C., which was also very cool. If you check facebook, you'll know that I am now a level 1 coach, and I have helped run two very successful clinics this spring/summer- one for adults, and one for kids. But, the mos significant event was on April 17th when I found out that my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer. It was a long spring and summer of surgeries, tests, waiting, more surgeries, more tests, more waiting, but now, finally, we have some closure on the first phase of her battle, which is that she is cancer-free, her genes are not involved, and with only one minor surgery on the horizon, it looks like we may be moving out of the woods and into the light. Was there triathlon mixed in there? Yes, but to be honest, I don't remember much, and it wasn't particularly successful. Thats ok, since what needed to be successful, a healthy wife, was and is. So, thats it for now- but I have much more to share...

1 comment:

kizzy said...

Great share...like this post. congrats..keep it up!

--I prefer running without shoes. My toes didn't get cold. Besides, if I'm in front from the start, no one can step on them. ~Michelle Dekkers - chaco sandals